In this article I will be writing about the steps to get the PAN card while you are staying in abroad. It is simple to get the PAN card even if you are NRI staying in the abroad, you need not come to India for applying the pan card. This blog post explains the steps to get the PAN card for NRI. If you have any doubts please post it in the comments section. Subscribe to our future articles here.
Required Documents for PAN Card when you are in Abroad
- Document that has your overseas address on it. The best document to use is your bank statement showing your overseas address.
- Passport copy
- Demand Draft payable at Mumbai. Demand draft and cheque should be drawn in favour of ‘NSDL – PAN’. NRIs cannot pay with a credit card from overseas.
Steps to apply the PAN card in Online
- Go to online PAN CARD Website
- Read the instructions given in the page which explains the required documets and procedures if the applicant is in India or NRI.
- Go to the bottom of the page. ’Apply for a new PAN Card‘ and select Individual from the drop down menu bar.
- Application for Pan Card Form49A will open.
- You have to complete the entire form. Please don’t give the Indian address if you are applying for abroad. You need to give your present address in your country.
- Once filled the form please verify if the details are correct and then submit the form.
- You will see acknowledgement form after the successful submision. Take two copies of print out, keep one copy for your reference and you will use the another copy to submit.
- Paste your photo on one of the printouts of acknowledgement and sign in black ink.
- Sign on all pagers of the photocopies of your passport and your bank statement.
- Send all documents to NSDL, PAN unit at Mumbai.
- You can track the status of your application by using your acknowledgement number.
I written this article because many of our readers asking me about the PAN card application from abroad. This post will be more usefule for them. Thank you for reading this article. If you have any doubts on applying for PAN card, please post it in the comments section.
Subscribe to our articles here.