Few days back I have written about the tax exemption for medical insurance. The deductions can be claimed u/s 80D. There is many other things we have to note down while claiming the medical expenses. There is many circumstances the claims will be rejected due to the insufficient documents or details submitted to the insurance company. This article provides few points worth considering before submitting your claims. If you have any doubts, post it in the comments section. If you like the article, get free email updates.
Mediclaim Reimbursement Checklist
- Check whether You have discharge summary and other related medical documents from the hospital. Please make sure that you got all the documents before leaving the hospital.
- Take the xerox copy of all the original bills and prescription. It may need in the future.
- Check whether you have the signature of doctor or official stamp on the documents before submitting to the claim processing.
- It is necessary to submit the prescription along with bills. Make sure that prescription has patient name and doctor name.
- If it is an accident, then they will require the FIR to process the claim.
I hope this article will be useful to check the required documents before submitting the medical insurance claims. There may be any other required proofs, depends on the other factors. If you come across any thing, please post it in the comments section. Thank you for reading this article!!!
Subscribe to our free newsletter.