In my previous article I have explained about how to insure your house and household things from the loss. In the same article I have indicated that these kind of insurances are not popular among the people in India. Another insurance which has less known among the people is the Travel Insurance. There is poor response from the public and there is misconception about the fact on this insurance. This article explores the facts about the travel insurance and other details needs to take the insurance policy. If you have any doubts, post it in the comments section. If you like the article, subscribe to our future articles here.
Why we need Travel Insurance?
When we travel to another city, there is many reasons we can meet the unexpected losses because of delay in arriving train or flight, etc. In the mean time we have to extend the stay in the same place which we have not planned in our travel. It is unexpected expenses in our travel plan. The expense can be room rent, food expense, fees paid for taxis or auto. These kind of expenses can be claimed in the travel insurance.
How much is the Premium?
The premium amount will be depends on the insurance company. How ever I can provide the estimate on the how much will be the cost of insurance.
- Travel Overseas
- If you are traveling with husband and wife (age below 60) & two children (age below 21) for 15 days the cost of the premium will be Rs.1650 and sum assured will be Rs.50000
- In India
- If you are below 60 and planning for the 15 days travel. The travel insurance premium will be Rs.200 and sum assured will be Rs.50000.
- Unlike other insurance policies, travel insurance will not take more time to get the policy. But, it can be with in 30 minutes and the policy validity will be maximum of 180 days.
- Student who want to study abroad can take the insurance up to 1 year.
When we can claim the expenses?
The following are the type of expense you can claim through the travel insurance.
- Expenses occurs due to the delay in train or flight.
- If personal belongings stolen while traveling
- Expenses because of accident
- Attack by the terrorist
- If the train or flight canceled
- If you lost passport, the expenses occurred to reapply for the passport.
When your claim will be rejected?
- If you have any advice from doctor to avoid travel due to the health problem
- Any existing disease
- Death on suicide
- If you consumed liquor while met the accident
Where to get Travel Insurance?
Travel Insurance can be taken from any of the reputed insurance companies. It is available with all the insurance companies. Travel insurance is a booming industry.
I hope this article will be useful for those who want to take the travel insurance. It is necessary to insure of you are planning the important and long travel. It may not be important when you are planning the short travel. It is up to you to decide if the travel insurance suites your needs. If you have any doubts please post it in the comments section.
Subscribe to our future articles here.