26AS statement is provided by the income tax department to all the tax payers as the proof of tax credit statement. If you have paid advance tax, TDS, tax deducted by your employer, etc. all the above tax payments by you should be reflected in the 26AS statement. In the simple words, the statement reflects what are the tax payments received by government from you. You can verify this document that if your employer is paying the tax deducted on your salary to govt. If something is missing in the statement, it means that the tax payment is not submitted to the government. 26AS s one of the important statements to be submitted at the time of requesting for the tax refund from the income tax department. This article explores how you can register and view the tax credit statement.
- PAN holder can register through online website to create his new account. Click on the register yourself link and enter the required details.
- The registration request has to be verified by the TIN-FC. They have to verify that request is the right person who made the request and his details are correct.
- For getting the request verify by the TIN-FC, pan holder has to choose any of the below two options:
- Personally visit the TIN-FC office of his choice. The fees for this is Rs. 17
- Request the TIN-FC to visit his place and verify the details. In this case fees is Rs. 117
- This process has to be completed within 15 days of submitting the request, other he has to register it again.
- Once you are able to login using your user name, you can view the tax credit statement.
The following are the content inside 26AS statement:
- Part A – Details of Tax Deducted at Source
- Part B – Details of Tax Collected at Source
- Part C – Details of Tax Paid (Other than TDS or TCS but includes Self Assessment Tax & Advance Tax)
More details about the above three sections are explained in detail 26AS statement itself.
If you have any questions, please post in the comments section. If you are interested in receiving the future articles, please subscribe here.